Saturday, January 28, 2012

Starla Halfmann

I was pinteresting around the other day, when I came across an illustration that took my breath away.

And I'm not saying that lightly.

The painting is called A Copious Season.



It was created by Starla Halfmann, a well-known artist residing in Austin, Texas.

I was drawn to not only the beauty of the peacock and the avalanche of visually delicious colors, but the idea of what it represents (to me). It struck me that no matter how small we are, or how insignificant we feel, we're always showering people with more than we think. Each one of us has an overwhelming aura of love and friendship and kindness to those who love us, even if we don't realize it.

Does that make sense?

Of course, that is merely my interpretation of the painting. Art is beautiful in its way to have a different message to everyone.

I simply had to check out Starla's other paintings and I was not disappointed.

(My first reaction was that her work has a hint of Gustav Klimt, so I was very pleased upon my research to discover that the Austrian painter was indeed one of her influences.)













Stunning, aren't they? It would be a dream to decorate the walls of my apartment with at least ONE of these gorgeous creations.

If you love her work, you should check out her website.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment