Monday, January 9, 2012

Jonny, me, & The Artist



My Jonny Bunny is here for a couple weeks! It has definitely raised my happy level by quite a few points. :)

Over the weekend, we went on a fabulous date. We dined at our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant, caught a movie at a historical theater, and then went back to his dad's house for martinis. It was lovely.

The movie we saw was The Artist. And I highly recommend you all see it, because it is spectacular!



The Artist is a 2011 French silent film, which takes place in 1927. It is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful and heartfelt romantic comedies I have ever seen.



The supremely delicious Jean Dujardin plays George Valentin, who is a dashing, sexy, and comedic silent film star in Hollywood.



The stunningly gorgeous Bérénice Bejo plays Peppy Miller, a struggling actress with a heart of gold.



The two accidentally meet and form a special bond that proves to be beneficial to both of them throughout the years.



The acting in this movie by both main stars is admirable. Words are not needed to read the emotions their faces accurately convey. Another notable performance is by John Goodman, who plays a movie director.



And since most of you already know about my unhealthy obsession with the 1920s, what review of mine would be complete without gushing over the wardrobe?! The flapper-esque 1920s style outfits Peppy Miller parades in throughout the film are quite delicious!

The music throughout the film is also divine, adding just as much depth to the plot as the acting.



Overall, The Artist is a gem. I can honestly say it is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is just that good. I hope you will see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment