Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life, interrupted.



I was at work, typing up a feature story, when the news broke three years ago. A friend texted me the rumor and we both feverishly scoured the internet, hoping it wasn't true.

But before I knew it, the newsroom was buzzing with shock and sadness. Someone turned the television on. And that was it.

Heath Ledger was dead.



I like to do something I fear. I like to set up obstacles and defeat them.



When anything is blocking my head or there's worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don't see the fear. You don't see the pain. You don't see thought. It's just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn't.



In this industry, interest in you comes in waves, it's so tidal. And so I don't really want to jump on the first wave that comes along.



I only do this because I'm having fun. The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away.



I learned respect for women, and patience. You grow up with all those women around you...you learn to wait your turn.



If you just be safe about the choices you make, you don't grow.



I still find it personally disappointing that people kind of go out of their way to voice their disgust or their opinions against the ways in which two people choose to love one another. I think that's really unfortunate.



There are no rules and there is no rulebook.



Having a child changes every aspect of your life — for the better, of course. The sacrifices are large, but what you get in return is even bigger than the sacrifices you make.



I wasn't prepared to expose stories about something so special and wonderfully private that is happening in my life. I guess a part of me wishes that I'd never have to and that maybe I could protect this special time. I was dreaming.



All of this is so insignificant. In the grand scale of things, there have been so many before who have been in this position. I'm just another one. Life is so short. It's like we're already gone, really, in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment