Friday, December 2, 2011

Update

I thought it was time I updated you all on my life.

After all, this blog started out as a personal diary and somewhere along the way I lost myself amidst all the fabulousness.

After almost two years of being rejected by every other career known to man, I was finally offered a freelancing gig at my old newspaper. So I've been very busy lately, which is good news. It's been a comfort nestling back into the familiar cradle of news reporting. I feel like this blog helped me maintain my writing skills, because I found it effortless to fall back into the swing of things.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the only positive change in my life right now. I'm facing a multitude of horrible issues, most of which I am powerless against.

I've been dreadfully ill, I'm in financial trouble, and there are literally dozens of other serious problems which have morphed themselves into a monster.

Plus, the holidays are not a particularly cheerful time of year for my family. So there's that.

On top of all my own stresses, I am dealing with the sickness of a friend. This person is in the hospital. It is a nightmare to witness.

I wish I had better things to say. I really thought 2011 was going to be my year. Clearly, I was mistaken.

I'm not particularly religious, so I don't feel comfortable asking people to "pray for me." But if you could send me good vibes, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment