Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmy Red Carpet Hits & Misses

I watched the Emmys last night. I was so pleased Mad Men won for Best Drama. It is my favorite television show.

The red carpet looks were interesting. There were so many beautiful gowns waltzing around next to pure crap.

I decided to share my loves and hates with you:

LOVES

Nina Dobrev



I am kind of obsessed with The Vampire Diaries. And I'm kind of obsessed with Nina. She's an absolute doll. This lipstick red Donna Karan gown epitomizes everything I love about old-school Hollywood: glamour, beauty, and power.


Aubrey Plaza



This is another golden-era gown which caught my eye. I'm not usually attracted to white gowns, because they tend to look a bit bridal, but this Juan Carlos Obando creation is flawless. It fits the Parks & Rec actress like a liquid glove as well.


Sarah Hyland



This red carpet dress is extra special because the 20-year-old helped design it, along with Project Runway diva, Christian Siriano. How cool is that?! The Modern Family actress has very classy taste. The Grecian-inspired gown is quite sexy without being trashy. It's refreshing to see a young actress who respects that line.


Cobie Smulders



This actress is from How I Met Your Mother. I don't watch that show or know this girl. But now I want to know more about her after seeing this stunning Rene Caovilla gown. That shade of aqua takes my breath away.


Sofia Vergara



If I could have one wish, it would be to exchange bodies with this gorgeous Modern Family actress. How stunning is she in this Vera Wang beauty?!


HATES

Gwyneth Paltrow
Waiting for someone to release her...out of that Emilio Pucci gown



Poor Gwynnie chose the wrong time to dress up in an old costume she bought at Christina Aguilera's garage sale. The Genie in a Bottle look is so 1999 and probably won't be back in style until our kids are old enough to make an ironic statement out of it.


Christina Hendricks
Where did she go?



In my opinion, Christina has a rockin' hot bod built for old-school glamorous gowns. And with that fiery red hair, she would be pure sex in a bold, sassy color. So why she chose this ill-fitting silver gown which washes her out is beyond me. She told reporters that this was the only dress she tried on that looked good on her. She is either blind or has lower self-esteem than Eeyore.


Katie "I don't give a shit anymore" Cruise



Mrs. Tom Cruise no longer cares about fashion anymore. She chose a boring, casual dress from the Calvin Klein sportswear department and added a belt. The dress, while a pretty shade of blue, looks handmade. From the waist up, Katie also looks like she should be doing pilates with other suburban moms in an upscale community center.


Julianna Margulies' last minute disaster



My parents LOVE this wom`n. They are the biggest fans of her show, The Good Wife. Unfortunately, there is nothing good about this Giorgio Armani Prive gown. I want to rip off all the obnoxious plastic bubbles on top of the lampshade she's wearing around her chest. On the red carpet, Julianna said she chose the dress the night before. I guess all the somewhat decent gowns were already taken...beggars can't be choosers?


Paz De La Huerta
Winner of the Love/Hate Award



Part-time actress, full-time hot mess Paz De La Huerta scored the most points for pissing me off.
On one hand, I love everything about the dress. That breathless shade of pink is divine and the overall design is glamorously lovely. It breaks my heart that Paz chose to ruin the dress with well, herself. She looks like a disheveled corpse doused in tanning spray. I seriously believe Pazzy must have woken up after a night of hard-core partying, threw on the dress and walked straight to the Kodak Theatre. The only thing missing was her family-sized bottle of Jack Daniels.


Which looks did you love and hate on the red carpet last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment