Wednesday, September 14, 2011

7x7 Award (pimptastic edition)



My best friend and possible soulmate, David, over at Brits in the USA, recently tagged me in the 7x7 Award.

Participating in this award has forced me to go back and look at my old posts from the past two and a half years. In other words, it makes me see what a fucking dork I am.

Anyway, here’s how it works – list your top posts under these categories and then pass the award on to seven others.



Most Beautiful: I'm not sure if this is the most beautiful post I've ever written but I put my heart and soul into Lilies and Roses, an essay about my grandmother's passing.




Most Helpful: Last year, I wrote a post about my generation, the Millennials. I did actual research and shit. The post ended up inspiring a college research paper for one of my readers, and for the next two weeks I was bombarded with authors/publishing companies who wanted to send me books about the topic, so I could review them. Check it out if you're bored: I'm a Millennial, hear me...meow?




Most Popular: In February 2010 I was miserable. I had just been let go from my reporting job at the newspaper and I was feeling severely unattractive. My post Everything Looks Perfect from Far Away marked the first time I ever received more than 100 comments. It was obvious a lot of girls could relate to it. Another post I ♥ Barbie drew the most comments I ever received for a single post (excluding giveaways).




Most Controversial: Fortunately, I have never had a post which sparked negativity from my readers (at least not that I'm aware of). But I have posted about controversial topics before, such as religion and racism. My post Why Do You Hate Me? addresses a racist attack I faced. My post Sinned Much? exposes people who use religion as a weapon.




Most Surprisingly Successful: I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous to post Parody of a Fashion Blogger. After all, the majority of my followers are fashionistas. It ended up receiving more than 1,000 hits in one day! My most recent post Fast Times at Wikipedia High came in at a close second.




Most Underrated: Crazy shit always happens to me. In April of 2009, one of my best stories only got SEVEN comments. Of course, I only had like 10 followers at the time, but still. Please read I am a mother!. It would just make my day.




Most Prideworthy: I went through a small phase where I started posting my (lame) poetry. This is a side of me I had always kept private. Like, very private. So I'm proud I had the guts to do it. The post cleverly titled My Poem regards the negatively charged political climate at the time. Friendship Suicide is way more personal.


I'm going to bestow this award upon seven other bloggers who I know get as much orgasmic pleasure in talking about themselves as I do:

Life in Quotations

Glam Kitten's Litterbox

Amber's Mouthwash

The real mean girl

Love Life Project

Melanie's Randomness

Stumbling Towards Nirvana


I hope you're having a great week, kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment